CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake

Nathan Oyler noyler at khimetrics.com
Tue Nov 30 17:37:48 CET 2004

I've fixed the problem.

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but I've fixed it.

I did a google search for the error message and started reading through
the code to see what happens when it gives out the error message I was
getting.

To change all of the nrpe.cfg's I wrote my first perl script which
seemed quite successful. I can send that if you'd like.

To fix the problem, I deleted all whitespace from the end of the
allowed_hosts line and the next comment, then I added new whitespace.

Now it works.

I have no idea why it worked on one host and not another, as the edits
were done on every box with the exact same perl script, and look exactly
the same.

But, if I redo the whitespace manually, it fixes it.

If you'd like me to send the perl script, or one of these files that
doesn't work, let me know.

Thanks.

I've