R: R: R: services check stale

Marco Borsani m.borsani at it.net
Tue Nov 30 10:56:06 CET 2004

-}
-}Marco Borsani wrote:
-}> Hi,
-}>
-}> I made a simple test.
-}> I put same configs file on two different servers nagios is running at (I
-}> will call them "Server A" and "Server B".
-}> I shutdown a monitored host (that has also some services
-}monitored on it) to
-}> see which kind of messages I'd receive.
-}> On Server A I received 10 "HOST ALERT - DOWN - PING CRITICAL -
-}Packet loss =
-}> 100%"
-}> On Server B I received 10 "HOST ALERT - DOWN - CRITICAL -
-}Plugin timed out
-}> after 10 seconds"
-}>
-}> WHY ? Any idea?
-}>
-}
-}Your PING binaries aren't the same on both systems, or your plugin
-}versions differ slightly. If you want the output to be exactly the same
-}on both systems you can try the check_icmp plugin instead.
-}
No sorry, my PING binaries and plugins are the same on both servers:
./check_ping -h
check_ping (nagios-plugins 1.3.1) 1.11

Regards

Marco