configuring the statusmap (not icon-related!)

Daniel maher dmaher at acetechnology.com
Thu Nov 25 16:10:25 CET 2004

Regarding the layout of the status map; am I correct in assuming that the whole "parent" structure expects to be defined in relation to the (somewhat nebulous) "Nagios Process"?  Right now, my status map is accurate, with the exception that the "Nagios Process" icon is positioned in front of my router - which is clearly inaccurate.  Should I go about re-configuring the parent structure, placing the machine running the nagios process at the "centre" of the map, and letting it draw out from there?  Alternatively, is there a way to define a specific machine as being the Nagios process host (instead of the process being its own icon), and placing it accurately within the map?

I.e. as a simplified example, currently I have this:

Nagios
Process

ROUTER

SWITCH -- Nagios Host