scheduled downtime

Sipos Ferenc frank at sudo.hu
Thu Nov 25 10:55:25 CET 2004

Hi everyone,

is there a way to schedule periodical downtime for a certain service of
a certain host?

an example:
i have mysql running on one of my servers. i backup the database every
night at 22.00, which approximately takes an hour, so the service goes
down for an hour from 22.00 to 23.00 every day.

how can i schedule a downtime described above on my nagios web interface
(or a command line solution would be preferable)?
i don't really want to add this action to the downtime list by hand, one
by one.

anyway, any suggestions are appriciated.

Frank