CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Nov 24 17:25:36 CET 2004

Figueroa, Daniel wrote:
> I'm in trouble now, since the Nagios box shows OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar
> 2004.
>
> And my HP-UX 10.20 is not showing OpenSSL installed.

Use the client from nrpe 2.1. It's backwards compatible (I'll get around
to uploading it any day soon).

(already answered questions skipped)

>> # The following are my entries in the nrpe.cfg file::
>> command[check_users]=@libexecdir@/check_users -w 5 -c 10
>> command[check_load]=@libexecdir@/check_load -w 15,10,5 -c 30,25,20
>> command[check_disk1]=@libexecdir@/check_disk -w 20 -c 10 -p
>> /dev/hda1 command[check_disk2]=@libexecdir@/check_disk -w 20 -c 10
>> -p /dev/hdb1 command[check_zombie_procs]=@libexecdir@/check_procs
>> -w 5 -c 10 -s Z command[check_total_procs]=@libexecdir@/check_procs
>> -w 150 -c 200

It doesn't. That's the unwashed file you've installed. You need to run
./configure --libexecdir=/real/path/to/plugins in order for @libexecdir@
to be subst'ed for whatever argument you give the --libexecdir. The
resulting file won't magically appear wherever your current installation
of NRPE looks for them. You have to copy it manually.

> No idea! in my nrpe_local.cfg (Debian) i have the full pathname..
> maybe you should change that to the full path!

Indeed. That's what the subst script does automagically for all those
who at least go through the motions of reading the README file.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer