Rép. : [Nagios-users] CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake

Serveur-Faucon Surveillance SrvFaucon at cslaval.qc.ca
Tue Nov 23 22:10:41 CET 2004

Both hosts must have the same version of openssl.

On the console of both machines, type

openssl version

It should be the same. If you dont have openssl on one of them, install the same version :)

Alexandre

Alexandre Racine
Montréal, Québec, Canada

>>> "Figueroa, Daniel" <DFigueroa at roseville.ca.us> 2004-11-23 15:11:14 >>>
I'm unable to execute as a test from my SUSE 9.2 Nagios server -

 [root at Z3 root]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H HPUX_srvr -c check_load

>>I'm receiving the following error and can use your help in understanding why?

CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake

I was told I have to be up-to-date on plugins, which I am -

Note: The HPUX_srvr is a HP-UX 10.20 running nrpe-1.8-B.10.20.depot.  The Nagios server is
using the latest "Nagios Plugins HP-UX" from NagiosExchange.org, such as check_load.

On the HPUX_srvr box, I've configured the inetd.conf file to launch -

nrpe   stream tcp nowait rose /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe -c /usr/ local/nagios/bin/nrpe.cfg

Doing a netstat on my HPUX box, I can see the service is listening, per /etc/service configuration.

tcp        0      0  *.nrpe                 *.*                    LISTEN

# The following are my entries in the nrpe.cfg file::
command[check_users]=@libexecdir@/check_users -w 5 -c 10
command[check_load]=@libexecdir@/check_load -w 15,10,5 -c 30,25,20
command[check_disk1]=@libexecdir@/check_disk -w 20 -c 10 -p /dev/hda1
command[check_disk2]=@libexecdir@/check_disk -w 20 -c 10 -p /dev/hdb1