Combination of check requests

Mark Hennessy mark at cloud9.net
Tue Nov 23 21:47:13 CET 2004

I use NSClient on servers monitored by Nagios, and I was wondering if
there was a way to keep a connection to NSClient open and make requests to
it without it having to reestablish a connection for each check.

Possibly, at the very least, if there is a way to batch requests so they are all
sent to nsclient at once?  I'm referring to the communication between the
NSClient service and check_nt plugin.  I am aware that this doesn't seem
to be how any nagios plugin that I have ever seen works, but I'm
wondering if anyone has seen this or tried to set something like this up.
It seems that others who look at firewall logs get annoyed with the volume
of traffic that is generated by Nagios checks and want to reduce that
volume if at all possible.