Some things don't work

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Tue Nov 23 20:05:04 CET 2004

Hello to all.

I just installed nagios on a CentOS 3.3 box, and despite my newbieness, have
managed to get it up and running.  However, not without some issues.  I'm
trying to monitor 10 servers - 8 running CentOS 3.3 (one being the nagios
server), 1 running FC 2, 1 running Win2k3, and 1 running Win2k.  Here are my
issues:

1.	Both Current Users and Total Processes are reported as the same for
all machines (e.g. 0 Current Users, 43 Total Processes).  Why, and how do I
fix?
2.	Only some of the partitions on various machines report Disk Free
Space.  The remaining partitions report "UNKNOWN".  Why, and how do I fix?
3.	Three machines have IDE hard drives.  The Disk Free Space on all of
the partitions  (e.g. /dev/hda2, etc.) on these machines report "UNKNOWN".
How do I monitor the IDE drives?
4.	One of the printers that I monitor is actually a Konica copier with
print capability.  Printer Status for this device reports a status of
"Critical".  In looking at the services.cfg file, I notice that the
check_command is "check_hpjd", which would lend me to believe that this has
something to do with HP.  How do I monitor the status of the Konica?
5.	I understand what to specify in services.cfg to monitor the Free
Disk Space of the disks on the Linux boxes (although, as mentioned above, my
results aren't complete.  How do I designate the disks for the Windows
machines?

That's quite a list, I guess.  I'm jazzed about using nagios, and would
really like to get it all square.  Can anyone help me out?  Also, other than
the nagios web site, are there any others out there that have good tutes
and/or examples?

Many thanks.

Dimitri