event handlers looking strange feature of nagios

sushilkumar sushildeshmukh at sqtl.com
Sat Nov 20 13:29:31 CET 2004

Hello i have written a script which  restart a service on the remote
machine from command prompt & if the login is root.

I have also configured a event handler command which calls this script. but
i think this script doesn't execute at all.

the output which i found in the eventlogs is
[11-20-2004 15:59:52] SERVICE EVENT HANDLER: sun;RESET
HTTPD;CRITICAL;HARD;4;restart-spooler

restart-spooler is my event handler command

but it never execute this script.

the script permission is just like that

-rwsr-xr-x  1 nagios   nagios  2275 Nov 20 16:25 /root/god/reset.sh

Because this script tries to restart a service on remote host
i have attatched it 's' bit.

can anybody throw some light on this topic

Thanks!