check_snmp ?

Jason Byrns jason-sourceforge at microlnk.net
Fri Nov 19 14:57:29 CET 2004

> Test what fits you best and what is interesting for you .. check
> temperature, load, memory usage.. every snmp check is as good as
> another. I don't know where to put the community string in Nagmin. but
> make sure it's the right string for that device.

In our case, we use the same community string for all our network
devices.  So I'm just going to hard-code the value into the command for now.

Thanks for the input.  I wanted to confirm that SNMP made the most sense
for basic "is it alive?" tests on network devices.  I'm going to use
system uptime for now as the SNMP value to test, simply because it will
be nice to see that uptime shown alongside each host on the Nagios
status pages.

--
Jason Byrns
System Administrator, MicroLnk