Nagios and DB support.

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Thu Nov 18 18:32:52 CET 2004

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 09:23:26AM -0800, Ben wrote:
> I believe the best reasoning I heard was so that people could easily
> modify that configuration via a website. Obviously flatfiles can also be
> modified from the web, but it tends to be easier when it's in a database.
That becomes very important in a multi-user environment. Two
people might save different changes at a given time and overwrite each
others changes. Not to mention that having a web app that has to
parse 40K services on each click is a recipe for slowness.

-Jason Martin
--
Real Programmers aren't afraid to use GOTO's.
This message is PGP/MIME signed.