Reporting features

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Nov 17 17:51:40 CET 2004

Robert Nelson wrote:

> I guess what I'm looking for, is there a report that looks like the Host
> Availability report, but which ONLY shows state/availability *changes*
> and ignores all the other clutter?

Nopes. Although I suspect it would be rather a rather simple addition to
make.

> As a side request, it would also be
> nice to find a way to do a custom reporting period

That's what the "*CUSTOM REPORT PERIOD*" is there for. If you want to
match uptime against a timeperiod and discard values outside of its
ranges, I suggest you upgrade to Nagios 2.0, which supports just that
out of CVS.

> (or even a few
> additional reports, like Past 90 Days) from the builtin reports.

That would require changes to the code (unless you choose the custom
report period and pick the dates yourself), but quite minimal and
trivial such. Feel free to make the necessary changes to latest CVS and
submit them. I for one would be delighted to have, for example, "last
quarter" on that list as well.

You might want to try submitting suggestions to nagios-devel though, as
nagios-users carries a lot of linenoise.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer