VMWare ESX: check_esx

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Nov 17 01:31:35 CET 2004

I have just developed a check_esx plugin to check the various vhosts under
VMware ESX (using SNMP).  It is in Perl and requires Net::SNMP.

It reports on vhost states (up/down), CPU seconds used, memory used, and an
overall node status report.  Futre version may also report on the virtual
network interfaces.

It can also output the information in a format suitable to use as an MRTG
plugin (allowing graphing of the node's relative CPU share).

If anyone is interested, please email me direct for a copy.

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **