Send_nsca for windows usage

nagios at mm.quex.org nagios at mm.quex.org
Wed Nov 17 01:23:12 CET 2004

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 09:48:26AM +1100, Michal Polonski wrote:

> I'm curious how send_nsca (windows version) is being used around the
> place..
>
> I mean, it's an external exe that logs into nsca, keeps the connection
> open to send the approproate commands through it..
>
> All fine and well if you're doing it manually in a cmd console. But
> how do people automate it?
>
> I find it very tricky with VB to be able to send the commands through
> the same connection that is established by the initial send_nsca
> connection.
>
> I can log in to nsca with send_nsca using about 4 different ways, but
> sending the commands through that connection is the tricky part.
>
> Does anyone have any examples and/or suggestions on how to go about this?

My scripts just run it whenever they need to send results through,
and don't try to keep it open permanently.  This works fine for my
needs, and I was under the impression that it was how the program
was designed to work.  i.e. open nsca, write commands, close the
filehandle, then wait for the program to exit.