SEND_NSCA mimic login method

Darren Dunham ddunham at taos.com
Tue Nov 9 23:51:54 CET 2004

> Thanks Julian,
>
> I wish that were the case, but I'm reporting from a windows box, and I'm not
> really prepared to install a whole perl release just to run one script...
> Pity.

Is that due to the size or the complexity or something else?

With PAR, you can create a standalone executable that consists of the
necessary parts of perl and your script.  Once created, it's just
another .exe file that you can put on the box and run.

Of course, the executable thus created isn't necessarily tiny.  :-)
It's still a big win in many situations just because the packaging is so
much easier to deal with.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com