check_mrtgtraf plugin -- no output problem

Norm Dressler ndressler at dinmar.com
Tue Nov 16 18:36:31 CET 2004

Hi all,

I have moved my graphing needs to mrtg -- I'm looking at check_mrtgtraf and at
the command line I can't get it to return anything:

./check_mrtgtraf -F /var/www/mrtg/192.168.140.253_1.log  -a MAX  -w 50,50 -c
75,75

Returns nothing,  If I add the -v switch for variable, it tells me its an
invalid option --
./check_mrtgtraf: invalid option -- v
Invalid argument
Usage: check_mrtgtraf  -F <log_file> -a <AVG | MAX> -v <variable> -w
<warning_pair> -c <critical_pair>
            [-e expire_minutes] [-t timeout] [-v]
       check_mrtgtraf --help
       check_mrtgtraf --version

I checked for more info on check_mrtgtraf but haven't had any success on
finding it.  Can someone please enlighten me with an explanation on the
syntax for this plugin?  I've used 50,50 and 75,75 above only as a start -
meaning 50% and 75% but I'm not sure that is even accurate.  It was just a
starting point but I can't even get anything to return from it.  I can get
check_mrtg to return fine but it only checks one variable and not both (which
I believe check_mrtgtraf does).

Thanks for any help in advance.
Norm