Nagios and DB support.

Kevin Phillips KPhillips at merklenet.com
Tue Nov 16 15:19:44 CET 2004

I understand that moving forward with 2.0 nagios is no longer going to
support databases, mysql, etc.

I think that what I am looking for below would best be accomplished by a
database, if I am wrong please point me in the right direction.

I am looking for nagios to monitor and log events so I can report them for
my SLA.  What I need to know is, when a system goes down and when it comes
back up.  This information would best be stored in a database so I can query
monthly, quarterly, annualy, etc.

I also need to log results of check commands so that I can create monthly,
quarterly, and anual reports as to performance of systems.

Is nagios able to do this w/o database support?  I have looked at the nagios
logs and notice it does log these events, but doesn't time-stamp them.

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks