I cannot launch /etc/rc.d/init.d/nagios

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Tue Nov 16 12:21:01 CET 2004

Francisco Jose Bernabe Pellicer wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm trying to launch /etc/rc.d/init.d/nagios, but I'm getting this
> output:
>
>                            PID TTY          TIME CMD
>
> instead of having 'Ok'.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Cheers,

nagios is meant to show that and not an 'OK'

[root at myserver root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/nagios start
Starting network monitor: nagios
  PID TTY          TIME CMD
27065 ?        00:00:00 nagios

What do you get when you `ps ax | grep nagios | grep -v grep`, the
number below the PID?? if not then you need to first check the nagios
conf file using
/path/to/nagios -v /path/to/nagios.cfg

- dhawal