Notifications sent too often

Jon Gefaell jgefaell at netblue.com
Tue Nov 16 05:29:40 CET 2004

Hello,

I am running Nagios 1.2 on Linux Redhat 9 and 7.3

I am seeing that if a service condition is let's say 'warning' and remains that way notifications are sent every 25 minutes.

Now I have interval_length=60 and notification_interval 120

This makes me think that I should be getting these notifications every 2 hours, which is the desired behaviour. Can anyone tell me what may be wrong here? Maybe I don't understand this properly? Are these two parameters what should be controlling this behaviour?

Thank you very much for your kind consideration.

Jon Gefaell