STATE_CRITICAL

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Nov 15 19:41:51 CET 2004

Robert.Lattanzi at fitchratings.com wrote:
> Hello All-
>       I have a custom service check script. It successfully detects when
> MyApp is up or down, but I cannot get Nagios to recognize that it is
> returning "STATE_CRITICAL"

A return code (as returned by exit(2)) of 2 means critical. Read the
plugin developer guidelines. They're somewhere on the sourceforge
nagiosplug site (or at least linked to from there).

> and run my event handler. In other words, the
> Status Information column for the app shows "MyApp: Down" but I still have
> a green "OK" in the Status column and MyApp does not get restarted.
> My script is a Perl script and simply does "exit $STATE_CRITICAL"

What's the value of $STATE_CRITICAL when you exit() with it? Print it
first and ask questions later, and try running the check manually using
the strict pragma.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer