Problem: queueing SMS-notifications

Alexander Schaefer samogonka at gmx.net
Thu Nov 11 16:20:29 CET 2004

Hi,

after i have had some time fot my problem with sending sms to many contact at
the same time from nagios....

I've installed sms_client and it does very well, wenn i sending the
SMS-messages from command prompt, but it does nothin if i try to do it from
nagios ;O(

Here is my "host-notify-by-epager" command:

sms_client -q detemobil:$CONTACTPAGER$ "$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert - Host
$HOSTNAME$ is $HOSTSTATE$, Info: $OUTPUT$, Time: $DATETIME$"

Here is the output from nagios.log:

[1100184305] HOST NOTIFICATION:
helpdesk;test-host;DOWN;host-notify-by-email;CRITICAL - Plugin timed out after
10 seconds
[1100184305] HOST NOTIFICATION:
aschaefer-sms;test-host;DOWN;host-notify-by-epager;CRITICAL - Plugin timed out
after 10 seconds
[1100184305] HOST NOTIFICATION:
aschaefer;test-host;DOWN;host-notify-by-email;CRITICAL - Plugin timed out after
10 seconds
[1100184305] SERVICE ALERT: test-host;PING;CRITICAL;HARD;1;CRITICAL - Plugin
timed out after 10 seconds

But no messages comming in by our mobile phones...

What can be wrong in my configuration?

Thanks

Alex