Extending Nagios?

Linux Administrator nilesh at databasedba.com
Tue Nov 9 09:23:31 CET 2004

Ya steve , it is possible and quite easy to get

edit your serviceexeinfo file and add something like ( these is working
fine for me, )
define serviceextinfo {
       service_description  ntload
       host_name       sys3
       notes_url
/nagios/show.cgi?host=$HOSTNAME$&service=$SERVICEDESC$
       icon_image      graph.gif
       icon_image_alt  View graphs
     }

and in host extinfo do following
define hostextinfo{
        host_name sys3  ; This name is referenced in other hostextinfo
definitions that
        icon_image              novell40.gif
        vrml_image              novell40.gif
        gd2_image               novell40.gd2
        statusmap_image         novell40.gd2
        }

this will show you a small tiny icone in 'service details'

hth
you can as if nay query you have
regards

linux admin