Extending Nagios?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Nov 9 03:41:07 CET 2004

>I'd like to add an extra column in nagios,  specifically in
>the host-detail and service detail sections.. I'd like to be
>able to put a graphic in there that symlinks to a graph.. My
>guess is this is something somebody has already done, so does
>anybody know of a patch that will do this?

We do this via the hostextinfo and the notes_url option.  This allows us to
set a URL for each host, which is inked from the O/S icon on the
host/service list screen and the 'notes' icon on the host detail screen.
The URL we use is the routers2.cgi URL for that hosts's cummary page, so we
can see the MRTG stats directly.  I also have a routers2 plugin (nagios.cgi)
that does the same in reverse (embeds the Nagios host details into the MRTG
frontend page).

You can also use the notes_url in the serviceextinfo, although we don't.
Much easier this way, and no need to modify the code.

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **