What is the preferred 3rd party nagios configfile tool

Wengrzik, Andreas Wengrzik at ewr.de
Fri Nov 5 10:02:31 CET 2004

Hi!

Thanks for feedback. i?m not taking the part of development
There is currently one developer which hasnt have enough time at the moment
to implement all the features - for me its as bad as for you that the last
patch was released in july.
Some bugs are cleared in cvs.

For Import there is also a tool available!

I actualy writing a how-to for nagedit.
Templates, as you can read on nagedit.org will be provided in 0.7.0.0

So well for now only a warning in how-to that it would be a security risk
if you use it on a server where access isnt restricted to admins.

I was not the main developer, i do only some patches to run with other browsers
than IE... and doing some documentation and design.

Give us time to finish a 'stable' beta.

I told in the mail that

---snip----
> > but be aware its just beta/alpha software no stable relase we have
> > relaesed until today.
---snip----

So dont expect a full featured stable and with no security risk software...

Last thing, which of the other config tools support Version 2.0 ??
As long as 2.0 isnt finished, why there should be a tool for it??

Thanks for you comment