check_by_ssh little help

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Tue Nov 2 01:03:24 CET 2004

Thought i'd follow up with some more information, in hopes of figuring this
out.

>Anyway, if I navigate to the plugin directory and execute the following
>command:
>
>./check_by_ssh -H 192.168.1.199 -C uptime
>
>I get the result printed back to me, which is great (BTW, the above
>command is executed by my login name).

Ok. IF I execute the plugin manually using my login account (jwilliams) it
works perfectly.
Now, if I execute the command using the root command like so:

./check_by_ssh -H 192.168.1.199 -C uptime -l jwilliams

It still prompts me for the password.

My thinking it is a permissions issue of some sort and once I can figure
that out, I should be able to get this working.
I have a few other things I am going to try, but not sure if it will work.

I apreciate any help.

>But the problem I think is when I am setting up the checkcommands portion.
>I think I am making it more difficult than it is and may be going in
>circles. :(
>
>Here is what I have setup (Checking the load average BTW)
>
>First, I have this:
>
># 'check_local_load' command definition
>define command{
>         command_name    check_load_avg
>         command_line    $USER1$/check_by_ssh -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C
> "$USER1$/check_load -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$"
>         }
>

>Then, I have this:
>
># check_by_ssh
>         command_line    $USER1$/check_by_ssh -H $HOSTADDRESS -C uptime -l
> jwilliams
>define command{
>         command_name    check_by_ssh
>         }