Possible problem with notifications in Nagios 1.2

Kurt Raschke kurt at raschke.net
Mon May 31 21:27:20 CEST 2004

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 01:52:16PM -0500, Demetri Mouratis wrote:
> Kurt,
>
> Notifications are highly configurable and your specific configuration may
> lead to being notified "sporadically."  Specifically, Nagios will only
> send out notifications on a hard state change, rather than a soft state
> change.  For more information on this distinction, and how to configure
> notifications properly for your environment, please see the following:
>
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/notifications.html
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/statetypes.html
>
> Good luck in your migration.
> Demetri Mouratis
> dmourati at linfactory.com

Thank you for your assistance. Even though I though I had checked my
configuration files several times in an effort to find the problem, I
found a few things which, after re-reading the documentation, turned
out to be the problem, and notifications are now working well.  So,
thanks for your advice.

-Kurt