check_by_ssh -> Hostkey verification failed

Nicki Messerschmidt, Linksystem Muenchen GmbH nagios-users at alienn.net
Thu May 27 13:38:35 CEST 2004

Hi list,
I just setup a service check with check_by_ssh this has the "oddity",
that it checks a host behind a nat, but the ssh port is forwarded. The
check command has the following syntax:

define command {
command_name                   check_nrpe_by_ssh_nat
command_line                   $USER1$/check_by_ssh -p 2022 -H
$HOSTADDRESS$ -C '$USER1$/check_nrpe -H localhost -c $ARG1$'
}

define service {
use                            theisen-service
host_name                      linux-doc.theisen-muc.de
service_description            NRPE-ZOMBIES-THEISEN-DOC
check_command                  check_nrpe_by_ssh_nat!check_zombie_procs
}

If I manually enter this command as the user nagios after a "sudo su -
nagios" it works flawlessly. Have I overlooked something?

Thanks
Nicki

Linksystem Muenchen GmbH                          info at link-m.de
Schloerstrasse 10                           http://www.link-m.de
80634 Muenchen                              Tel. 089 / 890 518-0
We make the Net work.                       Fax 089 / 890 518-77
PGP Keys:                             https://www.link-m.de/pgp/