Betr.: RE: High check latency with nagios

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Wed May 26 18:57:41 CEST 2004

I currently monitor about 200 hosts and 700 services. However, in the
past I have monitored 500 hosts and 2500 services with no issues on a
PIII 866Mhz box.

Changing the number of simultaneous checks as suggested by Nagios is a
good start. However, there are several other parameters that you may
want to look at, as described in these docs:
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/checkscheduling.html
There is probably additional information relevant to your issue in the
docs and/or FAQ, do a little digging.

You may also want to look into distributed monitoring.

When responding, please email the list, and not only to me. I don't have
all the answers and there are people out there with more knowledge than
I that may be able to offer further assistance. Also, it's a good idea
to have these threads in the archives, so that maybe it will help
someone else in the future.

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)