Integrate with trouble ticket system?

Jamie Baddeley jamie.baddeley at vpc.co.nz
Wed May 26 13:08:00 CEST 2004

Stanley (and list)

Upon investigation, alternatively one could take advantage of the cli
interface shipped with later versions of rt3.

To change a ticket to resolved would only require the command

/usr/bin/rt edit ticket/118 set status=resolved

to be issued on the rt host, where in this example 118 is the relevant
ticket number. So instead of needing to parse incoming email, you could
use sh or ssh commands.

So now it becomes a question of how to feed the autoreply email into
nagios, so nagios gains a sense of the ticket number. (given that event
hanlders can easily handle setting of the ticket to resolved)

http://naplax.sourceforge.net/REL.html

(or something like that) could probably form the basis of how we get
data in - but instead of sending it to nagios.cmd, we could send it to
comment.log. We could store the ticket number in comment.log - and we
grep for it when the service resolves...

..This is starting to feel like an ugly hack, but it is perhaps
something to build upon? - the next tricky part is differentiating
between services and hosts...but I sense the right info in the subject
line is the key.

jamie