Getting Performance Data into the perfdata files

Ben Clewett Ben at clewett.org.uk
Fri May 21 17:48:42 CEST 2004

If you manually enter a check command, does it display the performance
data.  Eg:

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 10% -c 5%

If the performance data is there, you will get something like:

DISK OK - free space: / 19458 MB (53%); /boot 35 MB (76%) |
/=19457MB;33312;35163;0;37014 /boot=34MB;40;42;0;45

Clearly showing the performance data beyond the '|'.

Find one which you know works and ensure Nagios is checking it.  Note:-
The check_load I used for that web site came from
nagios-plugins-HEAD-200403290547.tar.gz, which image are you using?

My own nagios.cfg config file shows:

process_performance_data=1
xpdfile_host_perfdata_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/hostperf.log
xpdfile_host_perfdata_template=$TIMET$\t$HOSTNAME$\t$OUTPUT$\t$PERFDATA$
xpdfile_service_perfdata_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/serviceperf.log
xpdfile_service_perfdata_template=$TIMET$\t$HOSTNAME$\t$SERVICEDESC$\t$OUTPUT$\t$PERFDATA$

Do you have something similar?

Finally, the log file.  Please look at the log file (tail -f
var/nagios.log) and ensure there are no errors.

Ben.