how to use check_by_ssh

Swati Srivastava swati220781 at hotmail.com
Fri May 21 10:50:21 CEST 2004

Hi!
I have installed the plugins at the remote host and i'm trying to monitor a
process by check_by_ssh..but i;m not really clear with how to use
check_by_ssh properly.

here's a copy of what i've written :
in checkcommands:

command_name   check_by_ssh
command_line      /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_by_ssh -H 10.0.0.7 -f
-C='check_procs'

and i defined check_by_ssh in services.cfg as well.

I'm not able to understand that how would check_by_ssh run check_procs on
10.0.0.7 for a particular process id?? How do i specify that??

ALso, i'm getting this warning right now, "host key verification failed".
Kindly help,
Thanks,
Swati