Install Help - Invaild User???

Nick Peters nick.peters at candoltd.com
Thu May 20 17:49:42 CEST 2004

Hey,

I have been trying to install nagois on slackware 9.1 for the last few days.
I have been able to get it to configure fine and I can do the make all with
no errors. But when I try to do the make install, it errors out with this
error:

nagois at Server:~/nagios-1.2$ make install
cd ./base && make install
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/nagois/nagios-1.2/base' /usr/bin/ginstall
-c -m 775 -o nagios -g nagios -d /usr/local/nagios/bin
/usr/bin/ginstall: invalid user `nagios'
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/nagois/nagios-1.2/base'
make: *** [install] Error 2

Anyways, I have the nagois user made and the nagois group made, but as you
can see it doesn't work. I've tried using the -with-nagois-user= option and
the -with-nagois-grp= option, with the nagois user and the nagois group and
even tried it with just another user. I've read the docs and I have found
nothing on this problem. I searched the net with no avail. Can somebody help
me fix this problem?? Thanks for the help in advance.

-Nick