Trouble installing WEBMIN

Rysstad - Tor Arne tor-arne.rysstad at skatteetaten.no
Wed May 19 21:20:34 CEST 2004

Hei guys!

I give up... :-)

I am trying to install Nagios 1.2 and Nagmin 2.2.0 on Redhat 8.0.

I have edited nagios.cfg and cgi.cfg, and have added some hosts, groups etc.
to webmin.

When I try to verify the config, I get the errormessage below.. My
HostGroup.cfg follow under the errormessage..

Thank you all VERY MUCH for any help/hints that can get me over this one..
:-)

Regards from Oslo, Norway,
Tor Arne

Errormessage:

Verify Nagios Configuration
Synchronizing logo directories...
Creating dynamic Port Scan services...
Creating dynamic SNMP Interface services...
Creating PING services for interfaces...
Creating dynamic Service Group services...
Creating Parent Dependencies...
/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v -c /usr/local/nagmin/nagios/verify.cfg
Verification Failed!!
Nagios 1.2
Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
Last Modified: 02-02-2004
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Error: Could not add object property in file
'/usr/local/nagmin/nagios/HostGroup.cfg' on line 9.

***> The name of the main configuration file looks suspicious...

     Make sure you are specifying the name of the MAIN configuration file on
     the command line and not the name of the host configuration file.  The
     main configuration file is typically '/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg'

***> One or more problems was encountered while processing the config
files...

     Check your configuration file(s) to ensure that they contain valid
     directives and data defintions.  If you are upgrading from a previous
     version of Nagios, you should be aware that some variables/definitions
     may have been removed or modified in this version.  Make sure to read
     the HTML documentation on the main and host config files, as well as
the
     'Whats New' section to find out what has changed.

HostGroup.cfg:

## NagMIN Configuration File (/usr/local/nagmin/nagios/HostGroup.cfg) for
HostGroup
## Generated Wed May 19 21:12:26 2004
define hostgroup {
    hostgroup_name    skarp_servere_win