Nagmin, converting nagios systems/services from file to database

Luke A. Kanies luke at madstop.com
Wed May 19 19:46:31 CEST 2004

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Misao wrote:

> In trying to get Nagmin working, I noticed that there wasn't a function to
> convert all my file based services and hosts to database format, which I
> assume Nagmin wants before it starts.
>
> I am trying to get Nagmin to the point where I can see how the RRD tool
> integration works.
>
> Is there a way to convert from file to database?

I don't have the database part, but I've got a parser written in Ruby
which can parse Nagios config files.  I haven't published it yet, because
I haven't found a clear use for it -- if I move to storing configs in LDAP
I'd use this to do the initial conversion.

I'm willing to make it available if you're interested, but you'd have to
write the routine to do the database portion.  It should be pretty easy,
though.

If you really need this and do not think you can do the coding, and you
ask very nicely, I could maybe do the coding.  I'm not using MySQL for any
nagios stuff right now, so I don't really have a use for it, but at the
very least it would probably actually be pretty darn trivial to convert
from the ruby objects to SQL statements.

Luke

--
You only have to be open minded if you're wrong.