Bang :(

Peter Gutmann peter.gutmann at db.com
Wed May 19 15:51:18 CEST 2004

If that doesn't work, try escaping the bang(!). For example you might
try...

        command_line    $USER1$/check_ifstatus -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C e3\!m4Vac

----
Peter Gutmann
Peter.Gutmann at db.com

Jon Lyons <jlyons30 at yahoo.com>
Sent by: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
05/18/2004 07:46 PM

        To:     Gaurang Pandya <gaubrig at yahoo.com>, nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [Nagios-users] Bang :(

Just create a new checkcommand.cfg ...

# 'debug_check_ifstatus' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_ifstatus_custom
        command_line    $USER1$/check_ifstatus -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C
e3!m4Vac
        }

Gaurang Pandya <gaubrig at yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi,

One of our device's community string has a bang(!) on
it. How do I check snmp with it now. I check FAQ it
says only about checking webpages. I used same thing
even here ofcourse without luck.

So is there any way of getting it work.

Gaurang.

reporting any issue.