SMS notifications

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed May 19 14:21:33 CEST 2004

________________________________

From: Onsite DeTeWe [mailto:Onsite.DeTeWe at firstgroup.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 4:34 AM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] SMS notifications

Hi All,

I have just setup a mobile gateway on our nagios box (6310i with serial
lead ;-).  Got all the SMS stuff working using gnokii which works a
treat.  Recommend it to anyone.  However, when I try and get nagios to
use a new notify routine it fails to send the text.

Debug so far.

Got gnokii to send SMS direct.
Added notify-by-sms to misccommands.cfg.
        I know the above works as I then cut the command from the .cfg
and run it from the command line direct and it works.

Could this be a permissions thing associated with the nagios user???

<marc> -- Yes certainly (and most likely the problem). Did you run your
test as root or the nagios user? You must be su'd to nagios to truly
test it in the way that nagios would send the notification.

--
Marc