SMS notifications

Onsite DeTeWe Onsite.DeTeWe at firstgroup.com
Wed May 19 11:33:50 CEST 2004

Hi All,

I have just setup a mobile gateway on our nagios box (6310i with serial
lead ;-).  Got all the SMS stuff working using gnokii which works a treat.
 Recommend it to anyone.  However, when I try and get nagios to use a new
notify routine it fails to send the text.

Debug so far.

Got gnokii to send SMS direct.
Added notify-by-sms to misccommands.cfg.
        I know the above works as I then cut the command from the .cfg and
run it from the command line direct and it works.

Could this be a permissions thing associated with the nagios user???

When I force a host down and look in the syslog the notification does try
and send via the correct command, it seems like just the command from
within nagios is not working.

Hope someone can help.

Regards

Jason

This is the command line.

/usr/bin/printf "%b" "**Nagios**\nType: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\nHost:
$HOSTNAME$\nState: $HOSTSTATE$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nInfo:
$OUTPUT$\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n" | /usr/local/bin/gnokii --sendsms
$CONTACTPAGERS$

This message is confidential. It may not be disclosed to, or used by,
anyone other than the addressee. If you receive this message in
error, please advise us immediately.

Internet email is not necessarily secure. First does not accept
responsibility for changes to any email which occur after the email
has been sent. Attachments to this email could contain software
viruses which could damage your system. First have checked the
attachments for viruses before sending, but you should virus-check
them before opening.

http://www.firstgroup.com