Antwort: Re: Re: [Nagios-users] Problems with the script alias, no access to gifs png`s and css because always pointing my browser to non existing for example /nagios/cgi-bin/nagios/images/tacenabled.png

christian.michlbauer at degussa.com christian.michlbauer at degussa.com
Wed May 19 07:10:19 CEST 2004

I have found the problem,

In my cgi.cfg was the following line

physical_html_path=/usr/local/nagios/share/
after deleting the last / all works fine now.

thankx for the answers

Chris

                      Scott
                      <scott.horsley at staff.netsp         An:      "Marc Powell" <marc at ena.com>
                      ace.net.au>                        Kopie:   <christian.michlbauer at degussa.com>, <Nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
                                                         Thema:   Re: [Nagios-users] Re: [Nagios-users] Problems with the script alias, no
                      05/19/04 03:56 AM                  access to gifs png`s and css because always pointing my browser to non existing for
                                                         example  /nagios/cgi-bin/nagios/images/tacenabled.png

I probably should have elaborated on this some more..

My DocumentRoot is actually /export/home/nagios/share/

hence the alias which makes apache think that
/export/home/nagios/share/nagios is actually located at
/export/home/nagios/share/

Hope this makes sense.

Scott

On 18/05/2004, at 12:24 AM, Marc Powell wrote:

> Scott <mailto:scott.horsley at staff.netspace.net.au> wrote:
>> I actually came across this on a fresh install a few weeks ago, I
>> could not fathom why my install would always look in the /nagios/ dir
>> for the stylesheet.
>>
>> to put it simply I corrected this by adding this nasty entry in my
>> virtual host entry
>>
>> -->   Alias /nagios/ /export/home/nagios/share/ --<
>>          <Directory "/export/home/nagios/share">
>>                  Options None
>>                  AllowOverride AuthConfig
>>                  Order allow,deny
>>                  Allow from all
>>          </Directory>
>>
>> I realise this probably looks nasty and I presume this isn't the norm
>> for this fix but hey.. if it works.. good on it :)
>>
>> Its strange because this is not the first installation of nagios I
>> have done but it is the first on the show this symptom.
>

> That's actually exactly as is documented at
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/installweb.html (except for
> your special share directory path of course).
>
> --
> Marc

solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please notify
the sender
immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete
this email
from your system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this
email are solely
organisation.
presence of
viruses. The organisation accepts no liability for any damage caused by any
virus
transmitted by this email.