NRPE on Solaris 7

Cooley, David DCooley at nuvox.com
Tue May 18 17:36:03 CEST 2004

Hey all, new here...
Have a few servers I am monitoring succesfully with Nagios... SUN and
Linux...
However, I have one server that will not cooperate... It's a sun box running
Solaris 7...
I have 2 other solaris 7 boxes running, same patch levels, same versions of
openssl, openssh etc...
NRPE compiled fine, installed fine, runs fine, yet when the nagios host
calls the check_nrpe for that server, I get "Unable to complete SSL
handshake"...  Authentication in the nrpe.cfg file is fine, I can ssh, rsh
etc between the nagios host and this box and back with no issues etc... any
suggestions appreciated!