switched rack PDU and SNMP monitoring

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Tue May 18 17:21:44 CEST 2004

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Kerry Cox wrote:
> We'd like to be able to graph that information using Nagios and see over
> time the amount of amps being pulled by each strip and each plug.
> If anyone has anything that integrates well into Nagios, I'd be much

Well, I don't think our APC's give that much info, but this sounds like
something more suited for cricket (cricket.sourceforge.net) as it's
design is to show data over time.   Nagios is more for letting  you know
when something goes into a state it shouldn't be in.

Cricket has the ability to fire off notifications if something goes
outside a range.  I haven't done it yet, but will be setting up our
temperature monitor in cricket to let nagios know via a passive service
check.   Though I may just have nagios run an external command
and directly monitor the temperature...haven't fully decided yet.