Antwort: Re: [Nagios-users] Problems with the script alias, no access to gifs png`s and css because always pointing my browser to non existing for example /nagios/cgi-bin/nagios/images/tacenabled.png

christian.michlbauer at degussa.com christian.michlbauer at degussa.com
Mon May 17 12:15:33 CEST 2004

ok, thanx

but i have no vhost configured, and i have the scriptalias and after that
the alias configured as described in the documentation, and will always
pointet to /usr/local/nagios/cgi-bin/nagios/... which must be
/usr/local/nagios/share... .
Is there a possibility to restrict the scriptalias section to only rewrite
access to /usr/local/nagios/cgi-bin (which is /usr/local/nagios/sbin)

Here`s my apache2 config:

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/nagios/sbin/
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin/">
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /nagios/ /usr/local/nagios/share/
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
    Options None
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

mit freundlichen Grüßen / with best regards
Christian Michlbauer
its.on
Global Network Services
Security Management
Phone:  +49.(0)8621.86 2887
Fax:        +49.(0)8621.86 50 2887
E-Mail:                    christian.michlbauer at degussa.com
E-Mail to Group:  security at degussa.com

                      Scott
                      <scott.horsley at staff.netspace         An:      christian.michlbauer at degussa.com
                      .net.au>                              Kopie:   Nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
                      Gesendet von:                         Thema:   [Nagios-users] Re: [Nagios-users] Problems with the script alias, no access
                      nagios-users-admin at lists.sour         to gifs png`s and css because always pointing my browser to non existing for example
                      ceforge.net                           /nagios/cgi-bin/nagios/images/tacenabled.png

                      05/17/04 06:45 AM

I actually came across this on a fresh install a few weeks ago, I could
not fathom why my install would always look in the /nagios/ dir for the
stylesheet.

to put it simply I corrected this by adding this nasty entry in my
virtual host entry

-->   Alias /nagios/ /export/home/nagios/share/ --<
         <Directory "/export/home/nagios/share">
                 Options None
                 AllowOverride AuthConfig
                 Order allow,deny
                 Allow from all
         </Directory>

I realise this probably looks nasty and I presume this isn't the norm
for this fix but hey.. if it works.. good on it :)

Its strange because this is not the first installation of nagios I have
done but it is the first on the show this symptom.

Good luck

---
Scott Horsley
Netspace Online Systems
On 13/05/2004, at 10:40 PM, christian.michlbauer at degussa.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a running Nagios installation, i currently monitor some
> webservers
> with the check_wget script and some other servers by ping and ftp and
> so
> on, this is working fine.
> But i have an strange problem with the Webfrontend. I see on the left
> site
> the Output from the side.html, but on the right side i have only the
> raw
> output without any gifs png`s and now background.
>
> For Example:
>
> When I click on the Tactical Overview Button i see the following error
> messages in my /var/log/apache2/access.log:
> 194.127.243.14 - nagios [13/May/2004:14:17:41 +0200] "GET
> /nagios/cgi-bin/tac.cgi HTTP/1.1" 200 10631 "http://10.60.64.101
> /nagios/side.html" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; de-DE; rv:1.5)
> Gecko/20031007 Firebird/0.7"  ==> THE CGI is still OK !!!
> ------
> 194.127.243.14 - - [13/May/2004:14:17:42 +0200] "GET
> /nagios/cgi-bin/nagios/stylesheets/tac.css HTTP/1.1" 404 1327
> "http://10.60.64.101/nagios/cgi-bin/tac.cgi" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U;
> Linux
> i686; de-DE; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 Firebird/0.7"
>
> I think the problem must come with the Alias and ScriptAlias
> configuration
> in my httpd.conf
> Because the stylesheets are in the directory
> /usr/local/nagios/share/stylesheets and not in
> /usr/local/nagios/sbin/nagios/stylesheets where i was pointed to.
> I have tried almost everything but i don`t know how to get this
> running.
>
> Here`s my httpd.conf
> # NAGIOS
> ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/nagios/sbin/
> <Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin/">
>     AllowOverride Authconfig
>     Options ExecCGI
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> Alias /nagios/ /usr/local/nagios/share/
> <Directory /usr/local/nagios/share>
>    AllowOverride AuthConfig
>    order allow,deny
>    allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> I have testet this with old apache 1.3 and with apache 2, but always
> the
> same problem.
>
> My installation looks like the following:
>
> SuSE 9.0, SuSE Kernel 2.4.21-215-default with apache2, nagios-1.2 and
> nagios-plugins-1.3.1
>
> I have configured Nagios in the following way:
> nagios-1.2
> 1.    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios --with-gd-lib=/usr/lib
> --with-gd-inc=/usr/include --with-cgiurl=/nagios/cgi-bin
> --with-htmurl=/nagios
>       --with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-grp=nagios
> --with-template-objects
> 2.    make all
> 3.    make install

> [...]

reporting any issue.