AW: configuration help on remote hosts

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri May 14 12:13:24 CEST 2004

anil kamath wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now after i rectified it gives
> CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake.
>
> i have configured the nrpe.cfg on remote host, put
> entries in /etc/sevices configured the daemon in
> xinetd.d and restarted the xinetd daemon. i tried to
> telnet to localhost on port 5666. it tries to connect
> and later disconnects what is the problem with the
> port.

You have to run "nrpe -c <config-file> -i" when you're running it from
(x)inetd.
Also, SSL libraries and header files must be present on the system where
you compile and run the daemon, or things will fail miserably.

Check /var/{log,adm}/messages for details.

Mvh
Andreas Ericsson
OP5 AB
+46 (0)733 709032