check_http & proxy

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu May 13 16:43:46 CEST 2004

Gregor Bruhin <mailto:gregor.bruhin at netoxygen.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is check_http proxy compatible ?
>
> I defined the http_proxy env var but the plugin still fails (timeout)
>
> Any ideas ?

check_http --help.

I use the following to make sure that our proxies are functioning
properly. You don't say if you're trying to check the proxy or if you
must use the proxy to get out but in either case I believe the results
will be the same --

define command{
        command_name    check_proxy
        command_line    $USER1$/check_http -H www.yahoo.com -I
$HOSTADDRESS$ --onredirect follow -p 8080 -wt 20 -ct 30 -to 35 -u
http://www.yahoo.com -s HTML
        }

$HOSTADDRESS$ corresponds to the IP of your proxy. You could of course
hard code the $HOSTADDRESS$ to be your proxy and make the -H and -u
arguments variable to check other sites via the proxy.

--
Marc