Monitoring Windows Event Log from Nagios

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed May 12 06:28:48 CEST 2004

Hi -

Does anyone out there have a method to monitor the Windows Event log using
Nagios?

Currently, we use the pNSClient agent to collect Perfmon data, which works
fine.  On UNIX systems, we have the syslogd daemon which will feed important
events via a filter through NSCA and into a Passive Service on Nagios --
again, no problem.  However, we need a way to send Windows event log events
and generate an alert.

An ideal setup would be a configurable daemon that will send an NSCA alert
(of a configurable level) for log entries matching a certain regular
expression.  However, at the moment I'll take anything!  It needs to be
something that, like pNSClient, can run as a service on the server in
question.

Do any of you out there have or know of such an agent?  It would be of great
help out here,

Thanks in advance,

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **