Strange logging problem

dennis nagios at nomoreheroes.org.uk
Tue May 11 15:45:34 CEST 2004

Why is nagios writing to files of the sort below instead of nagios.log?

nagios.tmpfhhcdq

It baffles me. I have the nagios.log and nagios.sav files in place and
have chmod'd the files and dirs to 777 in desperation to discover why
they don't go to the log files ... they were at some point, then just
stopped and I can't see why this might be so.

I feel it is a rtfm sort of issue but I cannot find the answer

any help gratefully recieved (before or after i loose all my hair in
frustration)