log events presentation (end of alert after ack)

Gregor Bruhin gregor.bruhin at netoxygen.ch
Tue May 11 11:29:20 CEST 2004

Hi,

What is the best way to integrate (asynchronous and external) log
events in nagios ?

First of all the service I would like to generate a status for has to
be defined, probably it will be a service with no active checks...

Little example:

A new log entry is written in my logfile on server A.
The monitoring server M should check the logfile on A, see that there
is a new event and then generate a critical status. (all this is quite
easy to do)

Then I would like to keep this service in critical state until someone
has acknowledged it. How can I do this ? I had the idea to use an event
handler to send some data to my plugin to tell it, now you can send a
status update again, but there are probably other and easier ways to do
it no ?

How do you manage that ? (for example with portsentry integration)

Thanks, Greg