Disk Usage and excluding file systems

BOHR,JAMIE (A-ColSprings,ex1) jamie_bohr at agilent.com
Tue May 11 02:14:03 CEST 2004

I have a Perl script that can do what you are looking for but it is not
finished and is part of a client package I use at work.  It does the
following:

    1. Thresholds per mount point, if threshold is
        not set for given mount a global threshold is used
    2. Excludes read-only mounts
    3. UNIX OS independent - each OS has its own Perl Module
        to set OS specif commands.
    4. Put all mount into one service check
        Working on allowing each mount point to be a separate
        service check.

I will post it if any one is interested.   Here is an example of the
configuration for it:

########### BEGIN ##########
#
# Global warning/critical levels
#
warning  = 95
critical = 99

#
# Comma delimited list of mount points to exclude
#
#exclude  = /m1,/m2

#
# Mount  Warning  Critical
# Point
#
/          97      99

The package I am working on has Perl scripts to monitor processes, load
and swap.  There is also a log monitor piece that uses "sec".

If any one is interested let me know and I will post what I have so far.

- Jamie Bohr