bypass authorization?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon May 10 21:16:37 CEST 2004

John Stotler wrote:
> Does anyone know of a way to bypass the authorization required to access
> the cgi stuff?
>
> The machine I'm using is locked down, and I can assume that user
> dummy/dummy is on the system.

That depends on what version of apache you're running, since that's
whats handling the authorization.
I know there was an issue with mod_ssl on apache 1.3.28, but afaik it
can only be used to gain shell access as the user owning the apache
process. That should ofcourse suffice, since you'd be able to add your
own password later (on a loosely set system, that is).

> thanks,

Not sure I helped, but you're welcome none-the-less.

--
Andreas Ericsson
OP5 AB
andreas.ericsson at op5.se