(no subject)

Slade Edmonds slade at cryptoflow.net
Mon May 10 16:46:39 CEST 2004

Swati Srivastava wrote:

> I'm trying to install and configure Nagios remotely through SSH on red
> hat Linux,enterprise edition 3.
> i'm followinf the documentation given at nagios.org
> Uptil now, i've installed nagios, plugins, Boutell's gd librarry,
> apache, jpeg,..etc.
> on requesting for homepage of Nagios, i.e. on typing the IP Addr/Nagios/
> i'm getting 403 Forbidden You don't have permission to access /nagios/
> on this server.
>
> Please help!
> Thanks in advance

Surely a permissions issue.  My advice is to double-check the
installation instructions and then verify permissions on the directories
containing the nagios files.  When you run the configure script with
'--with-nagios-user=nagios' and '--with-nagios-grp=nagios' permissions
should be taken care of.  Just check them to be sure.  Your apache log
might help too.

Slade