Cisco router SNMP TRAPs - snmptrapd script verification

Platt, Nicholas Nick.Platt at myflorida.com
Sat May 8 01:22:37 CEST 2004

Hello:

Can anyone look over my scripts in the word attachment and tell why the
"submit_check_result" script is not passing the information to Nagios.  It
could be because "handle-cisco-traps" script is not passing the trap
information to "submit_check_result" script.  I see the traps showing up on
the iptables firewall as allowed and the sniffer verifies it as well.  I've
gone to the extent to documenting  all scripts involved in this process and
I was wondering if anyone can help me that has more experience with
snmptrapd.   I'm fairly new at this.    I want to be able receive traps from
our core and cpe routers so it can set off alarms for various types of
traps.     Maybe you can point to more documentation.

Anything in red is what changes I made and on the submit_check_results, I
placed a statement to output the trap information to a log file just for a
test.   The log file never gets created because I fee that the script
"submit_check_result" never gets executed.   Included in the attachment is
also the sniffer capture.    Any help will greatly be appreciated.  Thanks
you.